Individuals from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in Biotechnology are invited to apply for the TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme. The awardees will be fully funded to India and well-equipped with learning and living aids which include stipends to cover health insurance, accommodation, feeding and other benefits. Application for this offer runs until mid-September.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology in India, and UNESCO-TWAS established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who intend to pursue research towards a PhD in biotechnology. TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of three to five years (FULL-TIME) and maximum of two years for SANDWICH.
Check Also: Engineering Masters Pathway Scholarships, Australia
- Monthly stipends
- Living costs
- Learning costs
- Health Insurance
Level and Areas of Study
This fellowship is for PhD research degree in Biotechnology.
Place of Study
Institution(s) in India will host the Program.
Applicants for TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships, be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university; OR
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships; be willing to register at a university in India.
- Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India.
- Provide a research proposal.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
See Also: Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowships, UK
- Applications for the TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted to TWAS via the online portal. A tutorial on how to use the online application form is available below for download.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from an Indian biotechnology institution to TWAS when applying online. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED by the referee. The subject line must contain the name DBT/PG/ and the candidate’s surname.
- Should you have applied to or availed any Indian fellowships (especially INSA JRD TATA and JNCASR-CICS) in the current or previous year this must be clearly specified in the application form.
Submission Deadline: September 15.