Each year, Leverhulme Trust offers approximately 25 Study Abroad Studentships for those have been resident in the UK for at least three years at the time of application. This scholarship program covers basic annual maintenance allowance of £23,040 plus other benefits.
The Leverhulme Study Abroad Studentships program offers approximately 25 Study Abroad Studentships each year. The awards are tenable at a center of learning anywhere in the world except the UK and USA. Studentships are tenable for between 12 and 24 months.
The winner of the Leverhulme Study Abroad Studentships award will receive the benefits as follow:
- maintenance allowance of £21,000 a year
- return air fare to the country of tenure and a baggage allowance
- an allowance of £7,000 a year when a student is accompanied by a dependent partner
- further allowances are paid at the discretion of the Trust, e.g: a contribution towards overseas fees, internal travel costs associated with the course of study or research and fieldwork expenses
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate Research program in any field except studies of disease, illness and disabilities in humans and animals and research that is intended to inform clinical practice or the development of medical applications.
Place of study
At any research center or institution worldwide, except UK and USA.
Check Also: Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships, UK
Eligibility and Requirement
Eligible Applicants for the Leverhulme Study Abroad Studentships must:
- have been resident in the UK for at least three years at the time of application
- hold an undergraduate degree (undergraduates are not eligible)
- hold a degree from a UK institution (this may be either the undergraduate degree or a further degree held by the applicant). Those studying for a UK PhD who do not otherwise hold a degree from a UK institution may apply as long as they meet the other eligibility criteria
- either be a student at the time of application or have been registered as a student within the last eight years
- explain why their work requires residence overseas
To make an application, please access the Leverhulme Trust Grants Management System. When completing the application form, please refer to the Application Help Notes.
Candidates will be invited for interview during April/May. Applicants will be informed of the result of their application in the May following their application.