The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. It welcomes all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP). Young Professionals are recruited from around the world with various academic and professional backgrounds relevant to the World Bank, IFC, and MIGA. The new program is now accepting applications on behalf of the three institutions.
We are looking for applicants who demonstrate a passion for international development, graduate education, relevant professional experience, and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across our institutions. Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across our institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
The program offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract, which includes:
- Health, life and accident insurance
- A pension plans
- Possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level
- Be fluent in English
There are also Graduate Degree requirements and Experienced Professionals requirements both for
- World Bank Placements
- IFC and MIGA placements
Candidates are required to send in a Short Essay in 6,000 characters or less together with other application documents (as below), please describe:
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA);
- Why you are the right person for the role; and
- How your preferred institution, and the WBG as a whole, should support our clients to contain the impact of COVID-19, working towards a green, resilient, and inclusive recovery.
Application checklist includes the following:
- Academic Credentials
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations