The call for CICOPS Scholarships for Developing Countries application is now open!
In order to promote international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries, the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) provide 5 scholarships to visiting scholars for the year for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia.
CICOPS Scholarships for Developing Countries: The Center for International Cooperation and Development – CICOPS was established in 1984 to promote cooperation with developing countries and stimulate relations between the University of Pavia and universities in these countries.
CICOPS is committed to human and institutional development in developing countries. This aim is achieved by offering young people the chance to grow and contribute to the development of their countries through these CICOPS Scholarships. After thirty-five years of experience in the fields of cooperation and development, it became clear that joint study and research projects help both developed and developing Countries. With this in mind, CICOPS is working towards creating an ever-growing network of international contacts, including foreign universities, governments and international non-governmental organisations. University cooperation is fundamental for diffusing knowledge as well as promoting dialogue and peace.
Level and Area of Study
Postgraduate in any disciplines.
Place of Study
The University of Pavia, Italy.
Applicants for CICOPS Scholarships must have at least two years of either:
- Teaching experience, or
- Activity within international organizations and institutions.
To apply for the CICOPS Scholarships for Developing Countries:
- Please read carefully the Call and the FAQ before applying.
- Fill out the online Application Form only once you have received the letter of invitation by your contact professor at the University of Pavia.
- Please be informed that incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made. In particular, the letter of invitation is essential for the application.
- Applicants who do not have any contact, can write to CICOPS office which will send a research proposal form to be filled out and sent back to CICOPS together with the CV (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CICOPS will evaluate the research proposal and, in case of congruence of your research project with a research activity carried out at the University of Pavia, the office will send your proposal to the relevant Department.
Application Deadline: Apply for CICOPS Scholarships before 31st May.