The Upakar Indian-American Scholarship provides $8,000 over four years for each recipient. In addition to the scholarship, Upakar provides a mentoring program for scholarship recipients. This is an outstanding opportunity to seek the advice of and network with successful professionals across the United States from the Indian-American community.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible for the Upakar Indian-American Scholarship Program, students must meet the requirements as follow:
- Either you or one parent was born in India
- Be either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. ‘Green Card’ holder (Permanent Resident)
- Be actively seeking enrollment in an undergraduate 4 year degree program at an accredited college or
University or a 2 year community college in the United States for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Have a 2018 Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the IRS form 1040 (line 7) of less than $90,000
- Have a cumulative non-weighted GPA over 3.6 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a graduating high school senior in 2019 and live in the United States
Please go to the link below to see further instruction.