A number of Shanghai Government Scholarships are now available for non-Chinese students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduates at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. This scholarship only supports Chinese-taught undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
These Shanghai Government Scholarships provide funding for tuition fee waiver, accommodation, health insurance and monthly allowance.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, master and PhD degree in any available fields.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics in China.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- Education Background & Age: Bachelor’s program applicants should be at least 18 years old with a completed high school diploma . Master’s program applicants should be under the age of 35 with a completed a bachelor’s degree by 1st September. PhD degree applicants should be under the age of 40 with a completed a master’s degree by 1st September.
- Language proficiency: new HSK5 level (scored at least 180)
Non-Chinese students are welcome to apply the Shanghai Government Scholarship.
To apply the Shanghai Government Scholarship, the following documents must be submitted:
- One original copy of Application Form for Shanghai Government Scholarship
- One original copy of Application Form for Degree Program.
- One copy of bachelor or master diploma and degree certificate (for Type A) / senior high school diploma (for Type B) certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
- One copy of final academic transcript certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
- One copy of HSK certificate and transcript.
- One personal statement in English or Chinese.
- One letter of reference (for Type B, written by high school teacher)/ two letters of reference (for Type A, written by professors or associate professors) in English or Chinese.
- One copy of remittance note for application fee (415 RMB/person for undergraduate programs; 830 RMB/person for postgraduate programs).
- One copy of identification of passport.
- An applicant who has immigrated from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan to another country should also submit one copy of certificate of naturalization, canceling the formal household registration in China, continuous residence in the current country for at least two years in the past four years. All the documents should be certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
- Others (optional): certificates recognizing awards, merits.