Applications are currently being invited from international students who are citizens of countries other the People’s Republic of China for the Shandong University Scholarship for International Students. The scholarship is fully funded, and aimed at supporting outstanding undergraduate, Master’s and Doctoral students taking their studies in the university.
The Shandong University Scholarship for International Students (hereinafter refers to SDU Scholarship) is packaged to financially support outstanding new international students. Every year, a number of outstanding undergraduates, masters and doctoral students are selected as winners.
The duration of the scholarship is equivalent to duration of study as shown in the table:
|First Class||(1) The tuition fee for the duration of the study;
(2) A monthly stipend of 700 RMB for Bachelor students and Master students. For Ph.D. students the amount is 1,000 RMB per month.
|Second Class||A yearly 50% reduction of the tuition fee|
|Third Class||A yearly 20% reduction of the tuition fee|
Level and Area of Studies
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s or PhD Degrees in any field.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- Degree and age requirements:
(1) Applicants must hold a high school graduate or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 25 when applying for Bachelor programs;
(2) Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 35 when applying for Master programs;
(3) Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 40 when applying for Ph.D. programs.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic performance and strong scientific research skills.
- Applicants cannot be awarded any other scholarship funded by the Chinese government during the period he or she receives the SDU Scholarship.
- Language requirements:
For programs taught in Chinese:
(1) Applicants must have obtained 210 points or above in the HSK 4 test when applying for Bachelor programs;
(2) Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 5 test when applying for Master programs;
(3) Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 6 test when applying for Ph.D. programs.
For programs taught in English:
(1) Applicants whose native language or official language is English are exempt from providing English language certification.
(2) Applicants whose native language or official language is not English are required to submit the results of the IELTS (6.0 or above), TOEFL (80 points or above, SDU’s DI code: C296), MyBest Scores (80 points or above), Essentials test (8 points or above) or other equivalent certificates of English proficiency.
(3) Applicants whose native language or official language is not English and who have obtained their highest degree in an institution where the primary language of instruction is English, do not need to provide IELTS/TOEFL scores, but must submit a letter of proof, signed, and stamped by the administering institution, stating the entire program was delivered in.
Eligible applicants must log in to the SDU Online Application System for International Students (http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn) to complete the application. The electronic Application Form for Shandong University Scholarship for International Students must be filled in in Chinese or English. The application form should be signed by the applicant, scanned and then uploaded to the system. Paper applications sent by post will not be needed.