Scholarships to Study in Singapore | Application Guide: Singapore is one of the top-rated Countries in Asia when it comes to Education and academic opportunities. It is well-developed, their Passport ranks about the 2nd most Powerful in the World. Singapore is educationally advanced, and offering some the of the famous and competitive scholarships, Singaporean scholarship programmes are open to both domestic and international students at all levels. There are various and varying degrees of scholarships for international students – the Singaporean Government Funded, the President’s Scholarships and Singaporean Universities Scholarships, open to students at any level, and their universities currently accepting applications for the new intake admissions at the Bachelor, Master’s and PhD and Graduate Research levels. There are also Fully Funded Scholarships to Study in Singapore open to various categories of international students.
Singapore has a rich history and about 34 universities; six are national. You can study in 5 Universities in Singapore without IELTS requirements. A degree obtained from Singapore is globally valued by employers. So, if you are thinking of where you can have a world-class education, Government Funded Scholarships, Easy Admission Processes without Application Fees, then think Singapore.
We will be giving you a listing of some of the most popular scholarships in Singapore and their corresponding Universities, programmes available, and how to Study in Singapore without IELTS.
Scholarship Country: Singapore
Funded by: Variously by Government of Singapore, President, and Universities.
Level and Areas of Studies: Bachelors, Master’s, PhD and Research.
The List of the Scholarships to study in Singapore available
#1. Singapore Government Scholarships
There are two popular Government Scholarships in Singapore – Singapore Government awards more than 950 Scholarships yearly:
- the SINGA Scholarship is open, and a Fully Funded for International students to study and complete their Undergraduate, Graduate Leading to Master’s or PhD, or Direct PhD in Singapore. Deadline for applications is usually in December every year.
- The A*STAR National Science scholarships for Undergraduate, Graduate and PhD Degree Programmes, as well as short term Pre-Graduate Research Awards.
- MSF Scholarship program for Singapore undergraduate students.
#2. Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) Scholarships
The Singapore University of Technology Scholarships are available for those who are interested studying full time Undergraduate, Masters or a PhD Degree Programmes. SUTD is ranked #507 in Best Global Universities.
Listed are some of Scholarships available at SUTD University:
- SUTD President’s Graduate Fellowship: Full tuition fees, various monthly stipends for Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, International Students.
- SUTD Fellowships: Full tuition fees, and various monthly stipend available for Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and International Students.
Other Scholarships from Singapore University of Technology and Design:
- SUTD Global Excellence Scholarship
- SUTD Global Distinguished Scholarship
- SUTD Global Merit Scholarship
- SUTD Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- SUTD Undergraduate Scholarship
- ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship
Check here for further details.
#3. Nanyang Technological University Scholarship (NTU)
The Nanyang Technological University Scholarships are Fully Funded Scholarships to study for Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
The NTU scholarships are fully covered by the President of Singapore.
#4. Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships at NTU Singapore
The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships are for full-time Masters, and PhD degree programmes and Nanyang Scholarship is for Undergraduate Programs. The NTU Singapore University is ranked 3rd in Asia. You can check here for further details.
#5. National University of Singapore (NUS) Scholarships
The National University of Singapore Scholarships are for full-time Masters and PhD degree programmes and Nanyang Scholarship is for Undergraduate Programs. The National University of Singapore is a national research university based in Singapore. You can check here for more details.
List of Universities to Study in Singapore Without IELTS
Here are the 5 Best Universities in Singapore to Study in without IELTS.
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Nanyang Technological College
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Management University
Steps to Studying in Singapore Without IELTS
What you need to know: These are the steps to follow on how to secure admission to study in Singapore without the IELTS requirement.
- You have already earned your Last Degree in an English Medium Instituttion.
- You should be an Applicant with English Proficiency Certificate before you are eligible to apply. (Applicants can get their English Proficiency Certificate from their previous University).
- In the Letter from the university, it should be stated that the applicant has studied all his courses in English.
- You can use that letter instead of the IELTS certificate.
These are a few of the scholarship opportunities we may want to present on this page. There are quite a number of other local and international students’ scholarship opportunities, international mobility and exchange programmes, and bilateral cooperation opportunities available in Singapore. Follow us on this blog and go ahead to explore for more to meet your educational aspirations.