The Master Study Scholarships for All Academic Disciplines is sponsored by DAAD, and open to foreign students from selected nationalities taking their Master’s degree programme in any field in Various institutions in Germany. The scholarship is fully funded. You can apply now!
This DAAD Master Study Scholarships for All Academic Disciplines programme offers foreign students the opportunity to continue their academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study.
Level and Area of Study
Master’s in any subjects except for Arts courses and Architecture, which have their specific scholarships.
Place of Study
Various Institutions in Germany.
- Scholarship payments of 934 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits of
Monthly rent subsidy and Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
The following are eligible for the DAAD Master Study Scholarships for All Academic Disciplines:
- Excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (e.g., Bachelor, Diploma) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programmes.
Also, students taking:
- a postgraduate or Master’s degree programme completed at a state or state-recognised university in Germany,
- or, one year of study in Germany as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree programme with completing the degree abroad; recognition of the academic achievements rendered in Germany must be guaranteed. The standard period of study at the home university should not be exceeded as a result of the study year in Germany.
Duration of the funding
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme.
- In the case of 2-year courses, further funding is provided after the first year of study, if your academic achievements thus far indicate that you will successfully complete the study programme within a reasonable period of time.
- If you are already in Germany in the first academic year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master’s programme at the time of application, you may apply for a scholarship for the second year of study. It is not possible to extend the scholarship.
The scholarship usually begins on October of the following year, or earlier if you take a German language course prior to the study programme.
Students interested in applying for the DAAD Master Study Scholarships can apply Online. You will need to select your status and Country of origin for specific application requirements to be able to submit your application form.
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews all applications. You may need to refer to the full details of the application and selection criteria on the official application page before you apply.
Application Deadline: Apply until October 1, yearly