The PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for MSc and PhD studies to specific programmes at selected institutions abroad. The award includes flight tickets, health insurance, tuition fees, and allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. Interested students are urged to apply before the deadline.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Nigerian Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, developed the Overseas Scholarship Scheme for each academic session.
The scheme was developed to offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe. Under it, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at partner institutions.
See Also: Canadian Government Scholarships for Study in Canada
The Scholarship Program offers the following:
- provision of flight tickets
- payment of health insurance
- payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable)
- costs of accommodation
- provision of allowances for living expenses
Level and Areas of Study
The opportunity is for postgraduate (M.Sc and Ph.D) degree programme in related studies to Oil and Gas.
Place of Study
The program will take place at PTDF partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia.
To be eligible for the PTDF Overseas Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applications should be limited to PTDF partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia where it feels the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and the objectives of the scheme will be best served. A full list of sponsored courses and Application portalis available on the scholarship portal.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Applicants must have National Identity Number (NIN) and verification will be required (NIMC verification charges apply) before applying for the scholarship.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience.
- Possession of 5 O/level credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) for the proposed study, its relevance to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- A research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than five pages) to include the following:
- Research Problem
- Research Questions/Objectives
- Summarized Literature
- Expected outcomes only where necessary
- All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellors confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarships (if shortlisted).
Check Also: Johnson & Johnson Mental Global Health Scholarships
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive, and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected.
Based on the submitted qualifications, the top applicants for each category from each state will be invited for an interview where a selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts and other professional qualifications acquired
- Relevant publications to be referenced by applicant (PhD applicants only)
- Membership in professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan.
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach them to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’level results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership in professional associations
Submission Deadline: March 24.