PRSA Foundation is currently inviting U.S undergraduate students majoring in journalism program, public relations studies or courses preparing for a career in public relations to apply Ofield Dukes Multicultural Student Awards. The scholarship will provide $1,000 for the winners. Please note, to be eligible applicants should be U.S citizens with certain races as stated below.
The Ofield Dukes Multicultural scholarship fund was established by a gift from the PRSA Foundation, and founding gifts from Prudential Financial and from Weber Shandwick. “This scholarship will be a legacy to Ofield, reflecting his values for excellence in the ethical practice of public relations,” said Capozzi. “And as an endowed fund, it will carry his name in perpetuity, a fitting tribute to his lifelong commitment to helping others.”
The winners may expect to receive $1,000
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate in journalism and public relation studies.
Eligibility and Criteria
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a journalism, public relations studies and will have career in public relations.
- Be entering your junior year of undergraduate studies this fall.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Demonstrate the commitment to service and social responsibility
The Ofield Dukes Multicultural Student Award is specially targeted to African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Islander ancestry.
To apply, send the following materials:
- Nomination form, signed by both you and a faculty member or PRSSA Adviser.
- A recommendation letter of no more than two pages from a faculty member or adviser.
- Letters of recommendation from internship employers, educators or others
- A one to two- page résumé.
Make sure all materials are error free and thoroughly proofread. All application materials must be received electronically.
Please anticipate the deadline in May annually