The Faculty of Medicine of Alberta University is glad to offer a number of graduate scholarships in the field of Medical Science. Only Canadian students are welcome to apply. Applications must be submitted no later than 10 January 2020.
Approximately 10-15 Medical Sciences Graduate Program Scholarships valued at $6,500 each are available as a contribution to the stipend of students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD in Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSGP) in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate program in medical science.
Place of Study
At the University of Alberta in Canad.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The student must be currently registered or accepted to start as of January 2019 as a full-time thesis-based graduate student in the Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) in one of the departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- The student may not concurrently hold any major awards ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (e.g. 75th Anniversary Award, FoMD/AHS Student Recruitment Studentships, Motel Graduate Studentship).
- The student may be eligible to hold this award more than once.
- Award will be withdrawn if the student completes his/her program or ceases to maintain full-time registration
Only Canadian citizens are invited to apply.
To apply, please provide the materials as follow:
- A completed current application form with original signatures. Please do not use previous applications as forms are updated on a regular basis.
- The student’s up-to-date transcripts in letter size unofficial and copies of original are acceptable as long as they are copied to letter size 8 1/2 x 11).
- All non-Urfaa transcripts must include a Weighted Average Calculator Form to be completed by the department you are admitted in.
- Must include current Urfa transcript even if there are no grades yet.
- Two confidential letters of reference which should be received in a signed and sealed envelope
- Curriculum vitae, reprints, a ranking of applicants, or other documentation are not required and must not be attached to the application.
10 January 2020.