IMF Recruitment Outreach Mission to Sub-Saharan Africa for Experienced Economists is seeking for macroeconomists for full-time engagements. The IMF is inviting applications from Experienced Macroeconomists to join the Mid-Career Economist Pipeline – a competitive pool of ready-to-hire Macroeconomists for all internal economist positions at the Fund.
Are you applying to the IMF Recruitment Outreach Mission? As an IMF Economist, you will:
- Join one of the largest teams of economist focused on macroeconomics anywhere in the world.
- Contribute to a wide range of challenging policy issues that span different branches of economics by providing analysis, policy, and program design, and capacity development to help our member countries address their specific economic challenges.
- Work from our headquarters in Washington DC to build collaborative relationships with colleagues across the IMF, as well as with key institutions, authorities, and leaders around the world to develop creative solutions to evolving global economic challenges.
The Regional Recruitment Outreach Missions to Sub-Saharan Africa from November 7-18, 2022, is aimed at engaging with and interviewing experienced economists from across the continent. The recruitment outreach mission will conduct interviews using several countries within the region as hubs, namely – Cote d’ Ivoire, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa and Kenya. Candidates will be interviewed at one of the hubs closest to them.
To be eligible to apply for the IMF Recruitment Outreach Mission, you must be an experienced macroeconomists who have:
- An advanced degree (master’s/PhD) in macroeconomics or a related field such as monetary economics, financial economics, public finance, international trade, or econometrics;
- Relevant professional experience at the national and regional levels in macroeconomic policy, quantitative techniques, and country surveillance, usually gained in a central bank, ministry of finance, or international financial institution. Experience in a research institute or academia is also acceptable if it is combined with some exposure to macroeconomic policy making.
- PhD with three to ten years of relevant work experience;
- Master’s with seven to fourteen years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative modeling and econometrics to support analysis and policy formulation;
- Strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working proficiency in Arabic, French, Portuguese or Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with member country authorities.
- Primary focus in the areas of climate change, digital money, gender, inclusion and good governance are welcome.
- In addition, as the Fund strengthens our engagement with fragile and conflict-affected states (FCS) and helping countries to exit from fragility, applications from macroeconomists passionate about working on Low Income Countries and Fragile States are expected.
Check Also: KPMG Canada International Internship Program
Applications for the Regional IMF Recruitment Outreach Missions to Sub-Saharan Africa are welcome from candidates across the Sub-Saharan Africa region. Candidates should be adaptable, talented, and technically competent candidates who are intent on finding creative ways to address today’s global economic challenges. If you are interested in being part of a team that contributes to promoting economic stability on a global stage, send in your application.