The Google Online Cybersecurity Scholarships for Africans is meant to prepare sub-Saharan Africa for a new career in the high-growth field of cybersecurity with a professional certificate from Google. Learn online at your own pace and get certified in under six months. Gain job-ready skills that are in demand, like how to identify common risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, and the techniques to help mitigate them.
Google is launching a new Google career certificate in cybersecurity with 2000 scholarships through the Google Online Cybersecurity Scholarships, certificated on Coursera for Sub-Saharan Africa to address the region’s cybersecurity skills gap. With 2,000 scholarships, the course will boost digital transformation and economic growth by equipping learners with in-demand tech skills.
According to the Digital Sprinters report, Africa stands to realize accelerated economic growth through digital transformation by focusing on among other pillars, skills development for its citizens.
There is a growing demand for cybersecurity skills across all sectors. Google is committed to helping strengthen cybersecurity in Africa by sharing our expertise and expanding access to cybersecurity careers for more people.
- This new certificate provides Africans the opportunity to gain skills in this highly sought after tech field.
- The cybersecurity certificate will teach learners how to identify common risks, threats and vulnerabilities, as well as the techniques to mitigate them.
- They also will gain hands-on experience using Python, Linux, SQL and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Google will be providing 2,000 scholarships in conjunction with distribution partners – ICT Authority in Kenya, The Roothub in Nigeria, and RLabs in South Africa – all of which have strong workforce development programs to reach learners, provide them access to the Cybersecurity certificate, and support them through their learning journey.
This certificate is an addition to our already existing certificates in Data Analytics, Digital Marketing & E-commerce, IT Support, Project Management and UX Design. We also recently launched two advanced certificates in Advanced Data Analytics and Business Intelligence, which build on Google’s entry-level Data Analytics Certificate.
These low-cost programs help people who want to learn online at their own pace, or who may want to change careers and don’t have the time or means to access traditional education. They can be completed in under six months and do not require relevant experience or a degree. The certificates are product agnostic and are designed to help people prepare for jobs at any company or sector.
Over 20,000 people have graduated from the Google Career Certificates program in Sub-Saharan Africa, with over 80% of graduates reporting a positive career impact, such as a new job, higher pay or promotion within six months of completion.
Check Also: CWW Tech Africa Training and Internship Program
With the Google Online Cybersecurity Scholarships for Africans:
- No relevant experience necessary: Learn the foundations and get the skills you need to kick-start your new career.
- 100% remote, online learning: Complete the certificate online at your own pace in under 6 months.
- Get certified: Get job-ready and make your CV stand out with a Google Career Certificate.
- Learn from experts: Developed by Google experts with decades of experience.