Applications for the HDR Scholarships | Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) / Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR) is now open. Both Domestic and International students seeking to enroll for a Postgraduate by Research programme can apply for this scholarship at Deakin University, Australia. Awardees receive full funding including relocation allowance, medical cover, and a stipend of $28,900 per annum.
The RTP scholarships are funded by the Australian Government, while the DUPR scholarships are funded by Deakin University. Both awards are available to domestic and international students. Only top-ranked applicants will be offered an RTP.
HDR Scholarships | Benefits
Stipend and Allowances:
- A stipend of $33,500 per annum.
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin.
- For international students only: Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
HDR Scholarships | Programme Durations
Doctoral Degree Duration: 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset.
Research Master Degree Duration: 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University.
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to a HDR course at Deakin University.
RTP and DUPRS Stipends will be awarded to students as the result of a competitive process outlined in the ranking guidelines. Students receiving an RTP or DUPRS Stipend will be enrolled as on-campus full-time students.
How-To-Apply: To apply for the HDR Scholarships, applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must:
- have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies.
- have achieved 80% or equivalent in the research component of their previous study or an equivalent level of academic attainment, taking into account previous study, relevant work experience, research publications and other research experience.
- meet all other minimum entry requirements according to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Admission, Selection and Enrolment Procedure.
- Be currently enrolled HDR students to apply for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend and will be assessed by the Faculty/Institute. Currently enrolled students may not apply after they have completed more than 3 years of their doctoral course or 2 years of their master’s course (or part-time equivalent).