The Deakin Scholarship for Excellence is now open for applications to students who are Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa, and are undertaking or intending to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate study, and showing exceptional promise beyond academics at Deakin University.
The applications deadline for Trimester 1 is January 9 for Undergraduates while February 15 is for Postgraduate applicants.
The Deakin Scholarship for Excellence is aimed at both undergraduates and postgraduates. This scholarship is designed for students who show exceptional promise within or beyond their academic achievements. Strong academic performance or excellence in extracurricular activities, sport, the Arts, community service or leadership will hold the key to success. Applicants will need to submit their application and all supporting documentation by December 5 to be considered for these scholarships.
Applications for Trimester 1 opens September 1. For Bachelor’s applications, it closes January 9 while Postgraduate and honours applications for Trimester 1 closes February 15.
The Deakin Scholarship for Excellence is awarded for the normal full-time duration of the course. Different study load rules apply to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Undergraduate studies: $5000 per year ($625 per credit point) paid as cash or towards student contributions (tuition fees) – the choice is yours!
Postgraduate studies: $10,000 per year ($1250 per credit point) paid as cash or towards student contributions (tuition fees) – the choice is yours!
See Also: Sydney International Scholarships to Study in Australia
Prospective candidates to be eligible to apply for the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence must be:
- an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
- commencing or currently enrolled in a bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee).
- enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1.
- bachelor and honours students enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study, or postgraduate students enrolled in at least two credit points a trimester.
- able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 85
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the Arts
- any other achievement.
- Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
- Continued eligibility is subject to maintaining a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 65.
Check Also: Engineering Masters Pathway Scholarships, Australia
To apply for the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence, you will be required to upload supporting documentation to include:
- evidence of your previous WAM or GPA (if completed at another institution)
- evidence of any leadership activities or community service achievements
- evidence of any sporting or other achievements.
- You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the ‘Deakin Funded Scholarships Program’ option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for the Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship, Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process. This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
To be considered for the December scholarship offer round you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by December 5.
The next program offer for Trimester 2 will likely be mid-June to mid-July 2023.