Entries for the Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation are now being accepted. This program is open to high school students in the State of Hawaii who intend to have a career in Business to pursue higher education at any accredited fouryear college or university. This year, about 10 awards are available.
The purpose of the Fukunaga Scholarship is to encourage high school students in the State of Hawaii who intend to have a career in Business to pursue higher education at any accredited four-year college or university. Resident students already enrolled in college are also eligible.
The winner of the Fukunaga Scholarship will receive $5,000 annually or maximum $20,000 for four years.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in Business or other fields.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at any college or university in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
- In order to be eligible to apply for an award from the Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation, students must have graduated from a public, private, or charter high school in Hawaii, or be on track to graduate at the end of the current academic year. Homeschooled students are also eligible.
- The applicant must impress fellow students, members of the faculty and members of the community as an individual deserving of an opportunity to begin or continue higher education and must have demonstrated personal attributes and the scholastic aptitude needed to achieve educational goals.
- The applicant must be interested in pursuing a career in Business and have participated in school activities and community service which demonstrate leadership and responsibility.
- The applicant’s class standing will be considered. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in his or her high school (and college, if applicable) career is required.
- The applicant must show a desire and the ability to further his or her education as a means of attaining and sustaining a career in Business within the Pacific Islands region. U.S. citizenship is required. Evidence of citizenship may be requested.
- The applicant must be a resident of the State of Hawaii and plan to eventually return to Hawaii or the Pacific Islands region and contribute to its growth and welfare.
- The applicant’s need for financial assistance will be considered based on financial resources available through financial aid and through his or her family’s assets and income. All applicants must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report to be considered for this award. Demonstrated financial need is not necessarily a requirement.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, leadership qualities, a desire to attend college, special circumstances, financial need, and personal interviews.
- Scores allocated to each applicant will not be disclosed.
Only the citizens of the United States are welcome to apply the Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation.
Applications should be made online through the link below.
1 March 2019.