Each year, applications for the Dan and Vicky Hancock Scholarship are accepted. This program is open to students pursuing college degrees in the field of mechanical engineering. Please note, only the citizens of the United States are welcome to apply. Only one scholarship is given each year.
The Dan and Vicky Hancock Scholarship for Mechanical Engineering Excellence, established by Dan and Vicky Hancock, provides financial support for students pursuing college degrees in the field of mechanical engineering. This scholarship is administered by SAE International.
One Dan and Vicky Hancock scholarship will be awarded each year for $5,500 per year.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in the field of mechanical engineering.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at any college or university in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Open to all applicants – freshman through senior
- Required major: mechanical engineering
- GPA requirements: 3.5 for high school applicants and a 3.0 cumulative college GPA for upperclassmen
- SAT/ACT requirement: Applicant must have a Total SAT score of 1220 or higher and/or an ACT composite score of 27 or above
- Required documents include: official high school transcript and/or college transcripts; SAT/ACT scores; completed FAFSA form; two letters of recommendation – one from an advisor of a related extracurricular activity; and an essay that outlines financial need and career interest
- Other: preference given to Kettering University students; participation in extracurricular activities relating to academic degree or career intent (such as, but not limited to, CDS projects) that indicates leadership potential.
Only the residents of the United States are invited to apply this Dan and Vicky Hancock scholarship.
Please download and complete the application form at the link below.
15 March every year.