Cancer Horizons Scholarship is intended to those who have been accepted to, or are currently enrolled in, an accredited college or university in the U.S. This program is exclusively available for students living with cancer.
About the Sponsor
Cancer Horizons is the premier resource for cancer patients to obtain free products and services, financial help, support, and even a directory of cancer resources in each city in the country. Regardless of where you live or what type of cancer you have, our community is for anyone whose life has been touched by cancer. Expanding to reward a cancer patient who is working towards a college degree and new opportunity, is a natural step to continue to support the fight against cancer.
The winner will receive $1,000 prize.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You have been diagnosed with cancer (any type)
- You have been accepted to, or are currently enrolled in, an accredited college or university in the U.S. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome.
- You carry at least a 3.0 GPA.
- You must submit an official copy of your transcript, along with your application and essay using our online form.
Only the U.S. citizens may apply this scholarship.
Students are required to write an essay on one of the given topic below:
- How has your cancer diagnosis impacted your life and future plans and what adjustments have you made to stay on course to achieve your goals?
- What can we be doing as a society to better support the large community that currently struggle with cancer every day?
- What piece of encouragement or advice would you give to anyone with cancer that feels that their cancer has now defined them and forever altered their dreams and plans?
1 March 2020.