The BritishSpanish Society is pleased to invite applications for the British Spanish Society Scholarships. Those scholarship programmes are open to either Spanish or British students who are or will be engaged in university studies at postgraduate level that have some connection with bilateral links and relationships between the United Kingdom and Spain in any field of academic interest.
About the Sponsor
The Society’s aim is to provide support for a course or research project which would not be possible without this additional funding. The BritishSpanish Society is a registered charity whose object is to promote friendship and understanding between the people of Britain and Spain through knowledge of each other’s customs, institutions, history and way of life.
The winners of the British Spanish Society Scholarships will receive £5000 each.
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate degree in any discipline.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be eligible for the British Spanish Society Scholarships, candidates must satisfy the requirement as follow:
- Applicants must be the United Kingdom or Spanish nationals who are or will be engaged in university studies at postgraduate level that have some connection with bilateral links and relationships between the United Kingdom and Spain in any field of academic interest.
- Applicants may be undergraduates in their final year or be postgraduates seeking, for example, to extend existing qualifications or to carry forward research already initiated.
- Candidates should already have been unconditionally accepted at the University of their choice and be able to provide written confirmation of this (a scanned copy of your acceptance letter will suffice).
- References must be presented in the official letter-headed paper, dated, stamped and signed by the referee. We will accept recent letters, dated less than one year prior to the application deadline (a scanned copy of your reference letter will suffice). Email references will be equally accepted provided they have been sent from the official email account of the academic sponsor. Candidates failing to provide references in the correct format could be disqualified from the selection process.
- The ethical conduct section at the end of this application form must be filled in by all applicants.
Both Brtisih and Spanish nationals are invited to apply.
To apply, students must submit the materials as follow:
- A completed application form (below)
- A scanned copy of your passport or identity card
- A scanned copy of the letter of acceptance from your academic institution
- Letter/s of reference from an academic sponsor
15 February every year.