American Cancer Society is currently accepting applications for the Doctoral Degree Scholarship program in Cancer Nursing. Eligible candidates should be currently enrolled in or applying to a doctoral degree program in nursing or a related field of research. The U.S. citizenship is not required. Application must be received no later than 15 October every year.
Awarded to graduate students pursuing doctoral study in the field of cancer nursing research, and preparing for careers as nurse scientists. Initial awards are made for up to two years with the possibility of a two-year renewal.
There is a stipend of $15,000 per year. Grant applications must be submitted electronically via proposalCENTRAL.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral degree in nursing field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in or applying to a doctoral degree program in nursing or a related field of research
- The applicant must meet requirements for doctoral study and must have been accepted by the institution to which s/he has applied at the time of funding
- The applicant must have a current license to practice as a registered nurse
- Applicants are not required to be U.S. citizens
- The applicant must project a program of study that integrates cancer nursing and provides evidence of faculty support for the program of study
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to cancer nursing as evidenced by recent experience, education, and/or research in the specialty area
There is no nationality restriction.
Please download and complete the application form at the website and application link below.
15 October annually