Application is currently open for the Acumen West Africa Fellowship Program to all Emerging Social Leaders who are committed to tackling poverty and injustice on a long term. Their work should impact and empower individuals in the West African regional countries of Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia. The program opens opportunity for proactive engagement and exchange fellowship with and amongst other social leaders.
The Acumen West Africa Fellows Program is focused on empowering individuals tackling issues of poverty and injustice in West Africa. Acumen Academy is committed to equality, equity, diversity, and inclusion – we welcome and encourage applications from all social leaders whose work impacts any of the following countries in West Africa: Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia.
Applications for other regions – East Africa, India, Colombia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Pakistan, Spain, and the UK – will be opening later in the year. You ca stay updated on the Acumen Academy if your region do not currently have a Fellows Program. The Academy will be expanding Acumen’s work over the coming years.
See Also: Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
All admitted fellows will be fully funded through the program.
The Acumen West Africa Fellowship Program is designed for individuals who:
- Are “builders” who are working to solve problems of poverty. Builders include founders, CEOs, and senior leaders (COO, MD, etc.) at for-profit, nonprofit, or hybrid social enterprises as well as corporate or government sector intrapreneurs. While these titles offer a glimpse of the types of roles Fellows play, what matters most is what you’re building and the track record of your impact.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience and should be able to demonstrate their commitment to solving issues of poverty.
- Should demonstrate their ability and willingness to give (contributing their knowledge, experiences, networks, and/or ideas) and receive support from the Foundry.
- Must have a reliable internet connection, be fully available to participate throughout the entirety of the program, and be able to participate in English.
- Must reside in West Africa and the impact of their work should be focused on West Africa particularly our focus countries which are: Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and the Gambia
Also Check: 20+ Fully Funded Exchange Programs in USA
Application and Selection Criteria
To participate in the Acumen West Africa Fellowship Program, follow these Application Process:
- Submit the Online Application on or before December 10, 2023.
- Participate in the Selection Conference on February 9-10, 2024.
- Start your Fellowship Journey from February 26, 2024.
- Check the basic eligibility criteria and other application guideline outlined in the Applicant Packet before you start your application.
- This application requires you to be reflective so that we can learn more about you and the valuable work that you do.
- Download and preview all the essay questions you will need to answer once you begin your application.
Learn more about Acumen Academy West Africa Fellowship using the official below if you are interested in applying.