Each year, a number of Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is offered for professionals from the selected countries. This award aimed to support ten months participation in non-degree academic studies in the U.S of the selected fellows. Up to 200 awards available each year. This award covers all of the related expenses during the tenure. The application deadline is varied depending on applicants’ country.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States for experienced professionals from designated countries throughout the world. The Fellowship provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or private sector.
Value and Tenure
The duration of the program is ten months. Each of the selected fellows will receive benefits as follow:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel;
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in one of the following fields:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Place of Study
The program can be taken in the U.S.A.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all applicants must meet the requirements as follow:
- an undergraduate (first university) degree,
- a minimum of five years of substantial professional experience,
- limited or no prior experience in the United States,
- demonstrated leadership qualities,
- a record of public service in the community, and
- strong English skills.
This fellowship open for those coming from one the countries as follow: Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific , South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
The detail information of the application procedure can be obtained by contacting scholarship administrator or visit the application link (below).
The deadline is varied but you may anticipate in May to September each year.