The International Leadership Center of Yale University, USA now invites applications from young climate scholars across the global south for the Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship in multidisciplinary areas.
The eight-month program is planned to bring together a diverse group of talented young clean energy and climate leaders from emerging countries.
The Yale Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship offers an opportunity for 16 young climate and clean energy practitioners from across the Global South to broaden their technical skills, deepen their professional networks, and exchange views with top global clean energy and climate change leaders. This new eight-month, three-part initiative—based out of Yale’s International Leadership Center with partnerships throughout the university—will launch in Fall 2022.
Sixteen young practitioners drawn from multiple career tracks from across Asia, Africa, and Latin America/Caribbean with a common passion to become future leaders in the clean energy/climate change space, will model diversity in terms of gender, country origin, and professional background.
The Yale Climate Fellows will be drawn from a wide variety of career tracks, including: public servants, industry regulators, entrepreneurs, energy company/utility professionals, bankers/financiers, journalists, educators/researchers, civil society representatives, legislators, legal advisors, and consultants.
This eight-month fellowship will kick off with a one-week, in-person orientation program at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, running from November 28 to December 2, 2022.
Fellows will engage in a series of interactive sessions with prominent Yale faculty and practitioners to set the terms of the global climate change debate.
Fellows will explore the wide range of climate change initiatives housed at Yale, and delve into cutting-edge scholarship on a broad range of clean energy and climate issues.
Among the centers and institutions which may be featured in the orientation program are:
- the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication,
- the Yale Center for Natural Carbon Capture,
- the Yale Open Lab,
- the Yale Center for Business and the Environment,
- the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy, and
- the Yale Office of Sustainability, which manages the University’s net zero goal.
See Also: EDGE of Existence Fellowships for Africa Future Conservation Leaders
All fellows’ costs for Yale Orientation week and Paris closing week will be covered by the program (round-trip airfare, hotels, transfers and per-diem).
Place of Fellowship
Yale’s International Leadership Center, and partner Institutes.
Level and Areas Fellowship
Non-School / Degree programme in multidisciplinary areas.
Eligible applicants for the Yale Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship must be:
- Between five and ten years into their professional careers, with demonstrated accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level. While there is no maximum age limit, we are looking for young leaders to launch the program.
- Representatives of the Global South – diverse representation from developing Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America/Caribbean.
- Fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential to successfully participating in the program.
- Available to participate in-person for two weeks of the program: the Yale Orientation week, which will run from November 28 to December 2, 2022, and the Paris closing week, which will run from June 26 to June 30, 2023. Fellows must also be available for the 10 learning journeys to be arranged remotely between January and May 2023.
- An established record of achievement in a profession linked to clean energy and climate change. We seek to identify a diverse group of Fellows from across multiple stakeholder groups, ranging from government officials, to industry regulators, to entrepreneurs, to energy company/utility professionals, to bankers/financiers, to journalists, to educators/researchers, to civil society representatives, to legislators, to legal advisors, to consultants.
- A commitment to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level.
- Demonstrated promise of a future career in leadership at both the national and potentially global level.
- An eagerness to expand and deepen professional networks and to benefit from exposure to top global leaders in clean energy and climate change.
Check Also: UNU-IAS PhD in Sustainability Science Scholarship, Japan
How-To-Apply: To apply for the Yale Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship, do review the comprehensive instructions within the online application once you create an account.
Application Deadline: The deadline to submit your application for the inaugural class of Climate Fellows is August 15, 2022.