ACEP is now calling for applications for the third cohort of its ACEP NextGen Leaders Internship Program from across four African Countries – Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone. The internship program will be fully funded to run from July 2022 to December 2022, and aims to deliver qualitative evidence-based policy analysis, training, and advocacy through strong collaborations in the areas of energy and extractive policy space.
The ACEP NextGen Leaders Internship Program for Africa is a six-month internship intended to balance a dose of theory with real-world applications while equipping participants with the requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges. The Program is also a strategy to build a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to provide a sustainable path for good governance.
The core of ACEP’s ambition is to train and nurture young people in an enabling working environment through a structured capacity development process. These will include trainings on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills. Essentially, beyond the technical training in resource governance, interns will be exposed to the tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
The program will be fully funded by ACEP to provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support.
- Creating room for creativity and innovation.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns.
Level and Areas of Study
Graduate Internship in Multidisciplinary areas of Economics, engineering, oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
Place of Internship
Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP).
Responsibilities of NextGen Leaders
The ACEP NextGen Leaders will deliver timely and quality evidence-based policy analysis, training, and advocacy through strong collaborations, ensuring that the ACEP remains a thought-leader in Africa’s energy and the extractive policy space.
- Contribute to writing research reports and policy briefs on the energy and extractives sector of Africa.
- Support media engagement activities on ACEP’s outputs and position on energy and extractive sector issues in Africa.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of annual programs.
- Support organizational development activities.
- Support in resource mobilization efforts, including grants and proposal writing.
- Contribute to program management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities.
The candidate for the ACEP NextGen Leaders Internship Program for Africa must possess among other things:
- Be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development.
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
Eligible applicants are to complete an online application form on the official application page to apply.
There would be an entry test and an interview as part of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Website and application Link for the ACEP NextGen Leaders Internship Program for Afica