A number of University Of Twente Scholarships are now on offer to students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries. These scholarships are available for those applying for a graduate programme at the university. Only students who already have an offer to study at the university will be considered to receive the scholarship. Entries are accepted bi-annually – 1 February and 1 May.
The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship to excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
- Become one of the most promising UT students.
- Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes: Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
The students receive between € 3,000 and € 22,000 for one year.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in any available field.
Place of study
At the University of Twente the Netherlands.
Eligibility and Requirement
In order to be eligible for the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master’s programmes starting in the academic year 2023/2024 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
Before you can apply for the University of Twente Scholarship:
- You have to apply for a Master’s programme first. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number.
- UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students.
- The UTS is not available for EU/EEA students.
- The UTS is not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
- The UTS is not available for the pre-Master programme.
1 February and 1 May every year.