Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS) in Netherlands is now open to International students from all nationalities who are non-EEA/EFTA, pursuing Master’s programme in any subjects, except LLM (Law) or LLM (non-Advanced) to apply. The program starts September or February yearly to which the LexS Scholarship applies. Three best candidates will be selected to receive up to € 15,000 of the tuition fee.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Programme ( LExS scholarship ) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a master’s degree programme in all faculties at Leiden University.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards:
• € 10,000 of the tuition fee
• € 15,000 of the tuition fee
• Total tuition fee minus the home fee
Level and Area of Studies
Master’s Programmes in any subject except (LLM), or the MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Place of Study
Leiden University in the Netherlands
Eligibility and Criteria
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September or February each year.
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad.
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree.
- Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions (refer to official website) attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
International students with non-EU/EEA nationality may apply for this scholarship.
You must first apply for admissions to Leiden University online. In your application, you must indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship and upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page.
1st February – for all programmes starting in September (except Law programmes). For programmes starting in February, the deadline is 1st October of previous year.