The United Nations Graduate Study Programme invites applications from interested students of all academic disciplines across the World who wish to participate in Geneva, Switzerland. Participation in the United Nations Graduate Program is free of charge. Applications will be accepted from December 11, 2023 until March 1, 2024.
The 62nd United Nations Graduate Study Programme will consist of lectures given by representatives of the United Nations, other international organizations and NGOs, visits to institutions, and working on group projects.
The theme of the 61st Graduate Study Programme will be:
“Summit of the Future: Challenges and Opportunities”
- Participants should bear in mind that the United Nations does not make any financial contribution towards visa, travel, board and lodging costs of participants. However, governments, universities, private foundations, companies, or charities may offer grants to selected candidates.
- This two-week long summer seminar provides an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the United Nations and “International Geneva” through first-hand observations, lectures, research, and visits to Geneva-based institutions.
Level and Areas of Study
This offer is for a non-degree programme in any discipline.
Place of Study
The programme will be held at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
To be considered eligible for United Nations Graduate Study Programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Aged between 22 and 32 years at the time of application.
- Be enrolled in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme at the time of application. Proof of enrolment will be required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary. Knowledge of French is also recommended, as some discussions may be held in French.
- Those who are already employed full-time are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have participated in previous editions of this programme are not eligible to apply.
Candidates who wish to participate in the United Nations Graduate Study Program must complete their online application form, accompanied by the following documents:
- a copy of the applicant’s passport;
- a letter of recommendation (in English or in French) from a university or a governmental authority;
- a proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme;
- copies of previous university diplomas obtained;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a short motivation letter (300 words max).
Submission Deadline: No applications will be accepted after Friday, March 1, 2024.