The Rhodes Global Scholarships are now open for applications to Global students (any other country/region). These scholarships are for students who are eligible from the rest of the world not under any other Rhodes Scholarships Constituency. It is also a merit scholarship subject to the Rhodes nomination and selection procedures.
There are two Rhodes Global Scholarships available each year for Global. The Global Scholarships allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world (i.e., not eligible under any other Rhodes Scholarships Constituency) to apply for a Scholarship, subject to nomination.
All interested students will need to request and receive nomination through the application form itself – before they will be able to submit an application for a Global Rhodes Scholarship after a nomination from your institution has been received. Your eligibility for the Global Scholarship must also be confirmed by a member of the Rhodes House team. This will be done through the application form but you will only be able to submit once you have received approval.
Level and Areas of Study
Postgraduate Study in any discipline.
Place of Study
University of Oxford
As the Rhodes Scholarships are place-based, the eligibility criteria, application requirements and selection process vary slightly depending on which constituency you are applying for.
Applicants for the Rhodes Global Scholarships are to meet the following criteria:
- May only apply to the Global Scholarships if they are not eligible under any existing Rhodes scholarships constituency.
- Must be at least 18 years and have not reached their 24thbirthday by 1 October. OR for older candidates who have completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual must not have reached their 27th
- Must have completed already, or will be completing by July, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that – at a minimum meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of their chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford.
- Must have a sufficiently high standard of English and have met, by the application deadline, the English language proficiency requirements of the University of Oxford.
Also Check: Politecnico di Milano Merit Based Scholarships
How-To-Apply: All interested applicants for the Rhodes Global Scholarships must:
- Obtain a letter of nomination from their respective university.
- Register the details of an appropriate nominator via the application form; as you will only be able to submit your application once they have submitted their nomination.
- Submit application and the required documents online only after being nominated.
- Upload copies of official documents to further outline your geographical background and to prove that you meet the age requirements e.g., birth certificate, National registration Card, passport etc.
- Official transcript from the college or university you are studying or have studied.
- Evidence of English Language proficiency.
- Provide details of an appropriate nominator.
- Full curriculum vitae.
- A head-and-shoulders colour photograph (jpg format).
- A personal statement of no more than 750 words.
Application Deadline: 1st August.