Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified students for the Italian Government Scholarships for Bachelors, Masters and PhD study courses and research/training programs in public or legally recognized Italian educational institutions. The awardees are to be granted collective health and medical insurance plus monthly stipends during the funding period. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the academic year in order to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world.
In collaboration with the Aurora Foundation, MAECI grantees from the African continent, speakers of African languages, are offered the opportunity to take part in the WikiAfrica Higher Education Initiative. The initiative is developed by the Moleskine Foundation in partnership with the Wikimedia Foundation and the Aurora Foundation.
- Winners of a MAECI scholarship, as indicated in the Awarding Letter, will receive a monthly amount of 900 euros paid periodically every two or every three months to the personal current account, opened in his/her name, with an Italian banking Institution.
- Grantees will be covered by a collective health and medical insurance, contracted by MAECI, in case of illness or accident. The insurance is valid exclusively for the duration of the grant.
To be eligible for the Italian Government Scholarships, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses shall not exceed the age of 28 years by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should not exceed the age of 30 years by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision shall not exceed the age of 40 years by the deadline of this call.
- All candidates are required to meet the academic credentials demanded by the relevant institute in order to be qualified for admission.
- In order to enroll in an English-taught course, applicants must provide a language certification regarding their proficiency in English Language.
- For Italian-taught course, Italian language and culture courses, applicants must provide a certification of their proficiency in Italian language.
Interested and eligible candidates for the Italian Government Scholarships are required to complete and submit an online application.
Submission Deadline: June 9.