The Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships 3rd Call for Applications is now open the staff and students of the parner Universities across Africa who are undertaking Master’s or Doctoral programmes. The programme is a mobility programme geared towards supporting research and innovation in the areas that will engender Food, Energy, and Water Security.
The Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships 3rd Call is part of the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, set up under the Pan-African Programme (Development Cooperation Instrument) and is based on the experience of the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme. The programme’s objective is to improve the skills and competences of students and staff through enhanced mobility between African countries. The specific objective is to implement Master’s, Doctoral level and staff mobilities via a strong graduate research and studies programme (GRSP) on Food, Energy, and Water Security (F.E.W.S) with a suite of academic programmes on offer at the partner institutions.
See Also: Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scholarships for University Staff
The scholarship package for the Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships 3rd Call covers the following:
- Travel and visa expenses
- One (1) return flight ticket according to travel bands
- Visa costs related to the mobility Monthly allowance
- Master’s: €600 and Doctorates: €900
- One-month equivalent settling-in allowance
- One extra month of allowance for female candidates
- Insurance cost (medical, travel, accident)
- €75 maximum per month Degree-seeking: Longer mobilities (Master’s or Doctoral) registered at a host University for purposes of obtaining a degree.
- Credit seeking: Shorter mobilities (Master’s or Doctoral), registered at home University who would enroll at host University to gather credits towards the registered degree.
Level and Area of Study
Master’s or Doctoral in any Disciplines
Host Institutions and Programmes
Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia: https://www.nust.na/ (3 degree-seeking) (5 credit seeking)
- Master of Agribusiness Management
- Master of Natural Resource Management
- Master of Spatial Science
- Master of Environmental Engineering
University of Buea, Cameroon: https://www.ubuea.cm/ (2 credit seeking)
- Doctorate in Agronomy (crop protection)
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana: https://www.knust.edu.gh/ (4 credit seeking)
- PhD Food and Post-Harvest Engineering
- PhD Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Master in Renewable Energy Technologies
- Master’s degree in Soil and Water Engineering
Hawassa University, Ethiopia: http://www.hu.edu.et/hu/ (3 degree-seeking) (4 credit seeking)
- Master’s degree in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- PhD Animal Nutrition
University of the Free State, South Africa: https://www.ufs.ac.za/ (1 Master degree-seeking) (1 PhD credit seeking)
- PhD in Disaster Management
- Master of Soil, Crop and Climate Sciences (Agronomy)
Eligibility to apply for the Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships 3rd Call should derive from:
- Nationals and/residents of African countries who are staff, alumni and/or students registered in one of the Partner Universities at the time of application or,
- Those having obtained a qualification from one of the Universities involved in the partnership.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
Check Also: ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship for Africans
How to apply: Candidates interested in the Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships 3rd Call should click here to access the application platform.
Documents to be attached:
- Academic Certificate
- Description of research topic
- Official Language Test (English test)
- Official Transcript of Diploma
- Passport • Proof of registration/Alumni
- Current Resume or CV
- Host University Application form (Proof of application to the host University)
Application Deadline: 13 August 2022.