Google STEP Internship program is calling for applications from eligible undergraduate students who want to gain work experience and boost their career skills and land their dream job. Google, like many companies offer internships as part of their recruitment process. Google STEP (Student Training in Engineering Program) internship is for you if you are a student looking for an internship with a global appeal with the potential to launch your career in software engineering!
Description of Google STEP Internship
Google STEP means “Student Training in Engineering Program”. STEP is a short-term internship program offered by Google for students currently enrolled in college. It is open to students pursuing either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering degree, and will provide them with a chance to work on real-life projects with Google engineers during their summer break. STEP interns work together on a team to solve real-life problems using the latest technologies from Google. Within the duration of the STEP internship of 10-12 weeks, interns can expect to learn lots about computer science and the software engineering lifecycle during your internship, working closely with mentors on projects that are closely aligned with Google’s core business.
See Also: Call for Code Global Challenge, USA
Benefits of Google STEP
STEP program offers a wide range of benefits to all its interns, some of which are a chance to:
- work on real-life projects with real clients.
- work with other teams at Google.
- be mentored by senior engineers.
- explore different areas of Computer Science and Engineering.
- explore the Google campus and meet other interns.
- boost your resume.
- get an inside view of how Google works and what its culture is like.
- explore your full-time job prospects at Google before you graduate.
Eligibility Criteria for the Google STEP Internship
- Any current college or university students pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering/technology fields.
- Google strongly recommends that you have at least a 3.3 GPA before applying.
- You should be in the first or second year of a full-time Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Application Procedure for the Google STEP Internship
The STEP Internships are highly competitive programs. However, here’s how you can apply for the Google STEP Internship:
- Make sure you confirm your eligibility.
- Use the Apply Now tab on the official application page.
- Then Create a resume, and upload your transcript and letters of recommendation.
- Also write a cover letter clearly describing your passion for the field, and your goals.