Applications are now being invited from very outstanding, innovative young international professionals from across the globe for the World Bank Global Internship Program (GIP) in Washington D.C., USA. The candidates should be Master’s holder or are currently enrolled in a Master’s program. They are to participate in diverse areas of their specializations across disciplines and sectors. The program is fully funded.
The World Bank Global Internship Program (GIP) offers highly motivated young individuals the opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of IFC and the broader World Bank Group and become part of the largest private sector development institution in the world. The program encourages individuals to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s work, while improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment. Moreover, the Global Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to exchange ideas and network with international professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
See Also: Shell Graduate Scholarship Programme
Global Interns gets:
- Full funding to cover their salary, medical insurance cover, participation and projects engagement costs, for the duration of the internship.
- Access to corporate orientation, skills training, and regular learning events/activities for the GIP cohort.
- Following a thorough evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship, successful GIP interns are encouraged to apply to the WBG Young Professionals Program should they meet such application requirements, or to any other full-time opportunity available after graduation.
Level and Area of Study
Master’s in any Discipline.
Place of Internship
At IFC, Washington, D.C. or in one of IFC’s country or regional offices.
Candidates for the World Bank Global Internship Program (GIP) must be:
- Currently enrolled in a Masters’ degree level program, with at least three years of relevant professional experience. Candidates must have their expected graduation date after December 1st 2022 in order to be eligible.
- Available for the period of four weeks between May and September to work on discrete projects in Washington, D.C. or in one of IFC’s country or regional offices.
- Ready to participate in many of the posted opportunities virtually.
- Available for Operational assignments covering various areas of work, such as participation in sector-specific market mapping, investment proposal reviews, financial modeling and analysis, portfolio management, upstream work and advisory services activities.
- Available for other assignments that may cover a range of activities in corporate and support departments.
Recommended: OECD Internship Programme (Fully Funded) in Paris
Application and Selection Process:
- Apply within the application period (from Monday, February 7th to Monday, March 21st 11:59 pm UTC).
- Interested candidates are expected to submit their CV and Cover Letter stating their motivation to apply and how their skills and expertise relate to the Internship requirements.
- Please refrain from applying to more than three available internship opportunities listed, otherwise your candidacy may be disqualified and rescinded.
- Selected candidates will be contacted directly by departments for interviews between Monday, March 21st to Friday, April 29th.