Google PhD Fellowship Program is open to international graduate students who seek direct support and connection to a professional Research Mentor as they pursue their degree . The fellows will receive stipends, travel expenses and allowances for living costs. Interested candidates should apply before the deadline.
The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields. Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Fellowships support promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology. The offers are:
- Google Research Mentor
- Up to 3 years of US $30K to cover stipends, research related activities and travel expenses (Africa)
- Up to AUD $10K to cover stipends, research related activities and travel expenses (Australia and New Zealand)
- Up to US $10K to cover stipends, research related activities and travel expenses (East Asia)
- Up to 3 Year Fellowship with bursary towards stipend/salary, health care, social benefits, tuition and fees, conference travel and personal computing equipment (Europe).
- Up to 4 Year Fellowship of US $50K to cover stipends, research related activities and travel expenses (India – Early-stage PhD students)
- Up to US $10K to recognize research contributions, cover stipends and research related activities and travel expenses (India – Late-stage PhD students)
- Up to 3 Year Fellowship of US $10K to cover stipends, research related activities and travel expenses (Southeast Asia)
- Up to 3 Year Fellowship with full tuition and fees (enrolment, health insurance, books) plus stipend to cover for travel, living expenses and personal equipment (USA and Canada)
To be eligible for Google PhD Fellowship Program, candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Google employees and related family members are not eligible for this offer.
- Candidates already supported by a comparable industry award are not qualified.
For Nominated students in Australia and New Zealand, East Asia, Europe, United States and Canada
- Universities should only nominate students who are enrolled in PhD programme in an institution in the regions listed.
- Universities should nominate students who have completed coursework by the Fall of the award year when the fellowship begins.
- Students are to remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
Direct Applicant students in Africa and India
- Applicants must be full-time graduate students enrolled in a PhD study in an African or Indian Institution.
- Early-stage PhD students enrolled one year or less.
- Students who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions.
Check Also: IBM PhD Fellowship Award in USA
Interested applicants for the Google PhD Fellowship are required to complete an online application and attach the relevant supporting documents.
Submission Deadline: Varies with Region .