Vector Institute in Canada is pleased to invite applications for the Vector Scholarships program. This call is intended to meritorious students who pursue a full-time AI-related master’s degree in the Province of Ontario. Up to 115 students will be selected to receive the scholarships.
The Vector Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence are merit-based awards that recognize top candidates pursuing AI-related studies in master’s programs recognized by the Vector Institute or who are following an individualized study path that is demonstrably AI-focused in Ontario, Canada. Scholarships will be awarded to students in both core technical programs and complementary fields such as business or health care.
Each winners of the Vector Scholarships will be awarded 17,500 CAD for one full year of study.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in studies-related to Artificial Intelligence.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at Vector Institute in Ontario, Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible for Vector Scholarships:
- Candidates must be accepted into either: a recognized full-time AI-related master’s program; or a full-time master’s program not currently recognized, but in which candidates will pursue an individualized plan of study that is demonstrably AI-focused;
- Candidates must register for full-time study and begin their AI-related master’s program;
- Candidates must hold first-class standing (minimum of A- or equivalent) in the last two-years of study (full time equivalent) in an honours undergraduate program from a recognized university. Consideration will be given to candidates with upper second class standing (B+) and relevant work experience or where extenuating circumstances apply (describe reason for consideration);
- Two referee reports must be completed using the downloaded fillable PDF VSAI referee report form submitted to the program in which the candidate will register. At least one of the reports must be from an academic referee. [Candidates should seek references at soon as possible and complete the top portion of the referee form before emailing the form to their referees for them to fill out];
- Candidates must supply a 250-word statement outlining their reason for pursuing a master’s in AI, relevant AI-related experience, and career aspirations;
- Candidates must be nominated by the program in which they intend to register.
There is no nationality restriction to apply for this Scholarships Program.
To be considered for Vector Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence, students must hold a GPA equivalent to a first class standing (A-) and take the following actions:
- Apply and be accepted for full-time study in an AI-related master’s program for the current academic year in the province of Ontario that is: A) recognized by the Vector Institute; or B) in an AI-related discipline that offers individualized study paths that are demonstrably AI-focused
- Submit a 250-word (maximum) statement outlining the reason for pursuing a master’s in AI, relevant AI-related experience, and career aspirations. Statements must be submitted directly to the program to which the student has applied and which has offered the student admission.
- Acquire references from two referees, one of whom must be an academic. Reference forms (*Depending on your computer you may have to download Acobat Reader DC to save information to this PDF, which can be obtained here) must be submitted directly by the referee to the administrator of the program to which the student has applied and which has offered the student admission. Students must complete the top part of the form BEFORE emailing it to their referees.
The deadline varies.