The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) is currently accepting applications for a number of College Scholarship Program. Only the United States citizens are invited to apply. He or she mist be a graduating high school senior. Up to $2,500 will be given to the scholarship winners.
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) is offering an annual college scholarship program to help further higher education among rural youth. The program empowers rural youth by giving them opportunities for higher education. The optimism of FRS is that these students return to rural America to enhance and enrich their rural community with education and experience.
- FRS awards one-time $2,500 scholarships to students from rural America for their first year of college, university or vocational-technical school. Each student is sponsored by an NTCA member company.
- FRS funds $2,000 of each scholarship, and the sponsoring company awards the remaining $500.
- The FRS College Scholarship Program seeks to encourage students to return to their rural communities upon completing their education.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in all subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are expected to meet the criteria as follow:
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be sponsored by a current NTCA member or FRED Donor Circle member.
- Be accepted by an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
- Have at least a C grade point average (GPA).
- Express an interest to return to a rural community following graduation.
The United States citizens may apply this scholarship.
The application form can be obtained from the website and application link below. Please note, the application package must include the materials as follow:
- Completed Application Form (2 Copies)
- Transcript (7 Semesters, 2 Copies)
- 300-Word Essay (2 Copies)
- Educator’s Statement (2 Copies)
- Letter of Recommendation (2 Copies)
- Sponsor Signature From NTCA Member or FRED Donor Circle Member
Please anticipate in March each year.