The FirstRand Oxford African Studies Scholarship is open to outstanding South African students who are seeking an MSc in African Studies at University of Oxford in UK. The awardees will receive full funding for the one year program. Interested applicants are urged to key in before the deadline.
FirstRand, in partnership with Oxford School of Global and Area Studies look for the best candidates who will benefit from the scheme and contribute to their home country on their return.
The MSc in African Studies is a three-term course, designed both as a stand-alone interdisciplinary introduction to current debates about Africa, and as a preparation for doctoral research on Africa.
This advanced degree programme provides an excellent foundation for those who wish to expand their knowledge of African studies.
See Also: Skoll Scholarship at Oxford University for International Students (Fully Funded)
The FirstRand Oxford Scholarships for African Students provide:
- Full funding for student in a year to study for an MSc at the School of Global and Area Studies at the University of Oxford.
- Housing at Wadham College for the successful candidate.
Level and Areas of Study
The opportunity is for an MSc degree in African Studies.
Place of Study
The scholarship program is to take place at University of Oxford in United Kingdom.
The conditions required to be eligible for FirstRand Oxford African Studies Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be citizens and/or residents of South Africa.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate academic excellence, leadership ability, community involvement and the potential to be a destiny changer.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time study for the eligible course.
- Candidates must be willing to return after graduation and contribute to their home country.
Check Also: Master Foundation AfOx Scholarships for Young Africans
- FirstRand will conduct the interviewing and selection process for the Oxford Scholarships for African Students, which will run concurrently with the FirstRand international postgraduate scholarship programme.
- Candidates have to apply and be accepted for an MSc in African Studies at the University of Oxford.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 20 January 2023, 12:00 UK time.
- Applications can be submitted online only.
Submission Deadline: March 2.