Mastercard Foundation invites applications for the Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship at Arizona State University from young African graduates and professionals. The fully immersive and traditional on-campus 2-year Master’s program with a focus on training EdTech experts for Africa will be implemented through an online learning community that will include over 70,000 aspiring young African leaders around the globe.
In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, Arizona State University will provide graduate scholarships to train 25 young African professionals at the Master’s level for various programs over 4 years. This Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship program is situated within EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for ASU, focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education.
This is a fully immersive and traditional on-campus 2-year Master’s program with a focus on training EdTech experts for Africa. While classes are in session, Scholars have the opportunity to work part-time with the Baobab team to gain hands-on experience implementing the strategic objectives of the Baobab Platform. The Baobab Platform consists of the implementation of an online learning community that will eventually include over 70,000 aspiring young African leaders around the globe. Between the first and second year, Scholars will be supported to participate in a 2-month Africa-based internship that aligns with their program of study.
The Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship will cover:
- The full tuition fees, expenses for accommodation, and comprehensive support for the 2-year graduate program.
- Opportunity for Scholars to participate in activities as part of the wider Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Arizona State University, including leadership curriculum, individual mentorship, and other events and programming.
See Also: Mitacs Globalink Research Internship in Canada (Fully Funded)
Scholarships are available for the following full time, on-campus graduate programs:
- User Experience, MS
- Graphic Information Technology, MS
- Computer Science, MS
- Information Technology, MS
- Learning Sciences, MA
- Digital Culture, MS
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA concentration must be in either Business Analytics or Marketing
Eligibility Criteria | Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship at Arizona University
- want to apply for one of the eligible programs listed above.
- qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, that includes a high level of English proficiency.
- be a citizen of an African country.
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- demonstrate a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere.
- have earned an undergraduate degree with a required minimum 4 years of study.
- not have started or completed other graduate degrees before August 2023.
- be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
Also Check: The ONE Africa Award for SDGs Projects
How-To-Apply for the Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship at Arizona University:
- All interested applicants are advised to apply for the scholarship first and, if successful, will be assisted in the process of applying for admission to Arizona State University.
- Interviews via video or phone calls will be held during November 2022, with final decisions made by February 2023.
- All successful applicants will travel to Phoenix, Arizona to join the Program in July 2023.
- Please note that applicants are entitled to make one application per year to the Program. All applicants, once registered, should have read and understood the Application Guidance before submitting an application to the Program to avoid any errors or incorrect information.
- Submit your applications either:
- To an online application, click NEXT.
If you have limited internet access, you can complete and submit a downloadable version of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To an online application, click NEXT.