The ONE Africa Award is inviting applications from exceptional organizations and other groups demonstrating commitment in Africa working or contributing towards the attainment of the SDGs. The award celebrates African efforts aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the world’s blueprint for a better future. SDG targets range from halving extreme poverty, to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education. The winning organization stand to receive prize money of up to $100 000.
The ONE Africa Award recognizes best practices by an African organization addressing social development issues through innovative advocacy in promotion of SDG attainment, by aligning with the #JobsNowAfrica Campaign which is focused on job creation. The organization that is selected as the winner will receive prize money of $100 000.
Award Criteria | ONE Africa Award
Award recipients can be exceptional organizations and other groups demonstrating commitment and success in assisting Africans in meeting one or more of the SDGs through innovative advocacy-based programs.
- The ONE Africa Award is open to ALL organizations focused on job creation in ANY sector (agriculture, ICT, commercial, etc.) of industry and advocating for ANY initiative (Women empowerment, disability, disadvantaged, job creation, youth empowerment etc.)
- Qualified recipients may be engaged in direct services to achieve any of the SDGs but must demonstrate a strong advocacy component integral to the delivery and success of their programs.
- Qualified recipients may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to SDG attainment.
How to apply for the ONE Africa Award:
- Organizations and groups applying for the Award should please complete each section of the application and attach the required supplemental documents by 30 September 2022 according to the submission guidelines.
- Download application form:
- PDF FORMAT
- MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT
- Please send your completed application to:
First Floor, Sedgwick House, 19 Muswell Road, Bryanston, Sandton, 2021 South Africa;
Or via email to: email@example.com