The Aurora Tech Award is now open to women founders with tech startups, regardless of the specific industry, who have a functional prototype or an early vision of their product. The program looks forward to providing funding support for business growth with cash prizes. Tech women from remote regions of Africa and around the globe are encouraged to apply.
The Aurora Tech Award is an annual global celebration for women founders of tech startups. The program was fashioned in order to break down barriers and promote equality in tech entrepreneurship. Women entrepreneurs in IT face challenges like investor bias, stereotypes and lack of mentors, limiting their representation. The award’s mission is threefold: to applaud the strides of women in IT entrepreneurship, to empower them with the resources they deserve through substantial cash prizes, and to shatter the very gender biases that have long confined the industry.
Fuel business growth with cash prizes for winners:
- First prize: $30,000
- Second prize: $20,000
- Third prize: $10,000
- Connect with a global community of women tech entrepreneurs
- Amplify brand visibility with PR support for finalists, attracting new audiences, partners, and investors
- Get valuable feedback from Venture Capital experts and jury members to improve your startup
- Receive guidance from inDrive’s C-level executives and industry experts with a finalist mentorship program
- Expand your network and gain recognition in the startup world.
To be considered for Aurora Tech Award, the following criteria are required:
- The startup must be founded or co-founded and led by a woman entrepreneur
- The startup should not have received investments exceeding $4 million in funding, including the seed round
- The startup must be no more than 5 years old
- The startup should have a functional prototype. If you have only an idea, your application will not be considered.
- Follow the template to showcase your startup. Highlight your achievements, challenges, startup details and plan for the prize.
- Fill the application form on the website
- Attach your PDF presentation
Submission Deadline: December 1.