The Africa Oxford Initiative Visiting Fellowship Programme is open to African researchers across all academic disciplines looking for opportunity to focus on their projects and build international networks. The fellows will receive full funding to Oxford University for the research. Interested applicants are urged to apply before the deadline.
The Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx) Visiting Fellowship Programme is designed to provide exceptional African researchers an opportunity to build international networks and focus on a project of their choice, away from teaching and administrative duties at their home institutions. AfOx Fellows will be asked to select which of the AfOx research themes: Healthy People, Innovation for Prosperity, Integrated Societies and Green Futures, their project most closely aligns with.
The AfOx Fellowship provides fellows with an opportunity to work on a project of their choice in collaboration with Oxford-based scholars, while benefiting from the resources available at Oxford University for research, writing, and strengthening leadership skills.
See Also: Oxford Rhodes Scholarships in UK
- Return economy flight ticket
- Maintenance allowance of $250 weekly
- Learning items
Level and Areas of Study
The fellowship opportunity is for researchers across all academic disciplines.
Place of Study
The programme is to be held at Oxford University in UK.
To be eligible for the Africa Oxford Initiative Visiting Fellowship Programme, applicants must meet the following the requirements:
- AfOx fellowships are open to ALL disciplines across ALL the Universities departments.
- Fellows must be willing to be affiliated with the University of Oxford for 12 months, including 10 months of virtual engagement and a 2 month in-person visit to Oxford during Trinity Term.
- Applicants must have an Oxford-based researcher named as their collaborator on their application.
- Applications from female and underrepresented researchers are highly encouraged.
Check Also: Obama Foundation Fellowship in USA
All AfOx Fellowship applications are made through the same process using the application portal.
The submission deadline for this offer is June 9, 2023