Applications are open for the ACU Community Challenge Grants valued at £10,000 for Human Resources (HR) in Higher Education (HE). HR professionals continue to play a significant role in providing support for University leaders, staff and students to navigate the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as exploring future ways of learning and working. Application for this ongoing grant closes by Mid-August.
Check Also: Rotary Global Grants Scholarship Program
Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) introduced the Human Resources (HR) in Higher Education (HE) Grants Community Challenge Grants in 2021. The grants aim to support university HR practitioners in the ever-changing world of work by encouraging collaboration and promoting the sharing of good practice.
The grant can be used to support a diverse range of virtual or in-person projects, workshops, or events such as:
- Creating and delivering relevant training and development for HR practitioners.
- Co-creating approaches/policies on HR issues, such as workforce planning, inclusion, mental health, international recruitment.
- Co-creating HR processes.
- Delivering webinars on pressing issues for HR practitioners.
- Research projects
- Benchmarking of good HR practice across the commonwealth.
A total budget of GBP 10,000 is available for this grant scheme. This can be allocated as a number of smaller or larger grants.
Level and Area of Study
This ACU Community Challenge Grants are for students of Higher Education in Human Resources Departments.
Place of Study
All Commonwealth Universities across the world.
The grants are available to ACU member universities in the area of Human Resources. Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria (equally weighed):
- Project goals and feasibility
- Impacts and outputs
- Experience and skills of the project lead and institutional support
- Alignment to the HR in HE community‘s aims
To apply, you need to:
- Provide an outline of the project, an action plan and a budget. Details of what the project involves should be included and how it will address the aims of the HR in HE Community and benefit its members. The project action plan is requested for a minimum of 6 months and maximum of 12 months.
- Submit a letter of support from the Executive Head or other member of your institution to verify their support of your proposed project.
- Attach the project lead’s CV.
Submission Deadline: August 15.