Applications are now invited from eligible candidates for the MAXQDA Research Grants for Earlier Career Scientists. The applicants should be undergraduate or postgraduate science students who received their degrees within the past three years. Young scientific researchers will be supported with three Research Grants totaling $1,650. The offer remains open to interested students until mid-July.
The MAXQDA Research Grants for Earlier Career Scientists is an initiative of the VERBI Software that seeks to aid researchers, research projects and networks. The grant gives financial support and methodological training for young researchers whose work aims to investigate, support and raise awareness of empowerment initiatives.
As a contribution to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #5 ‘Gender Equality’, this year’s MAXQDA #ResearchforChange Grants program is dedicated to the empowerment of women and girls in the areas of legal, environmental, cultural, social and economic participation. Therefore, young scientists conducting research in this area will be supported with the Research Grant.
Check Also: Hector Research Career Development Award
- One-time Research cash scholarship of $1,000 (in the currency of your home banking institution)
- Free two-year license for MAXQDA Analytics Pro (min. $350 value)
- Two online free training sessions (upto $300 value)
- VIP customer Service from MAXQDA technical support
- Participation in the MAXQDA community
- Completed research to be featured on MAXQDA website/social media
Level and Areas of Study
Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters/PhD) degree holders conducting research on women/girls empowerment in the areas of social, economic, cultural, legal, political and environmental participation.
Place of Study
Any Public or State-approved Institution in applicant’s Home Country.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate or Postgraduate (Masters/PhD) student who acquired their highest educational degree within the last 3 years
- Applicant must be conducting or intending to conduct qualitative/mixed-methods research centered on women and girls’ empowerment in the areas of peace and conflict resolution, political and socio-economic participation, health, environment, human rights or other related areas
- Applicant uses or intend using MAXQDA to analyze their research data. Knowledge of MAXQDA is not required but is a plus in the application process .
- Applicant must be willing to submit one research report or research blog article (700-1000 words) in English to VERBI Software GmbH and complete necessary edits with the MAXQDA team.
Applicants must complete the online application (form on official webpage) in English and upload the following documents:
- Research expose including the section on motivation (max. 100 words) as one PDF file. The research proposal should:
- identify concise research goal(s)
- address the research question(s) in a sound theoretical and methodological way
- entail a detailed methodological section with a data analysis plan using MAXQDA
- contain a realistic and manageable work plan
- elaborate on your motivation to participate in the MAXQDA Research Grants Program 2022
- Professional/Academic Resume/CV as a PDF file
The online applications are accepted until October 15, yearly.