The Victoria University of Wellington is is pleased to invite applications for the Victoria Hardship Fund Equity Grants. Those grants will be awarded to all students who are studying at Victoria University of Wellington including domestic, international, undergraduate, postgraduate, part-time and full-time students.
These grants are to encourage students who are facing financial hardship to continue in their studies at Victoria University. The grants are funded from the Student Assistance Scheme, and were established in 2000.
The grants are up to $2,000 and the number and value of each grant is at the discretion of the selection panel whose decision is final.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, postgraduate, part-time and full-time program in any available field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applications are open to all students who are studying at Victoria University of Wellington including domestic, international, undergraduate, postgraduate, part time and full time students.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the trimester they are applying for. E.g. Students who apply for round 1 must be enrolled in trimester 1 of the same year.
- The grants will be awarded on the basis of financial need and satisfactory academic commitment and progress. Factors taken into consideration when assessing financial need could include – high course costs, high transport costs, medical conditions or a disability preventing part-time work, family to support, any other relevant circumstances.
- The Grants are intended to assist with ongoing costs related to study. They are not intended for tuition fees. The student is expected to be claiming all other available funding; ie Studylink, Student Loan, if eligible.
- All offers of the award will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in the trimester they are applying for and having satisfactory academic progress in their prior trimester.
- Recipients are expected to register with their student ID number and complete two online Blackbullion modules (of their choice) before receiving the second instalment. The second instalment will not be paid until this condition is met.
There is no nationality restriction.
1 February, 8 June and 8 October.