The US Embassy EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) calls for application from academically qualified and highly motivated, low-income students in Nigeria to study in USA. The OFP covers the costs of the application process, registration fees for required standardized examinations and free membership to its participants. Application for this award is ongoing until April.
The EducationUSA network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited post-secondary institutions in the United States.
EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals. EducationUSA is committed to promoting the diversity of U.S. higher education to help international students find their “best fit.”
- Financial aid
- Registration fee
- Free membership
Level and Areas of Study
The opportunity is for both undergraduate and graduate students in any discipline.
Place of Study
The programme will take place at higher learning institutions in the United States.
To be eligible for the offer, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Complete application form
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two essays, one from Group A and one from Group B, of about 250-300 words (Essay topics will be found on the application form).
- Copy of WAEC “O” Level Results
- JS1 to SS2 end-of year report (word or PDF files only)
- Mock WAEC result if available (word or PDF files only)
- Copy of university transcript (PDF files only)
- Copy of Statement of Result/Degree (PDF files)
- Submit a detailed Academic Curriculum Vitae(PDF files only)
- Scanned copy of any supplementary certificates of achievement(PDF files only)
- Copy of GRE result for Engineering students (PDF files only)
NOTE: If WAEC results are not available, the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC.
Students who have already started a University education are NOT eligible to apply.
Given the limited funding, selection of finalists for the US Embassy EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) is highly competitive and therefore seek for applicants with:
- Strong academic record
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
Eligible and interested applicants for the US Embassy EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program are required to apply online for this offer.
Submission Deadline: April 30.