The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are open for applications to candidates from least developed and lower- middle-income Commonwealth countries for full-time Taught Master’s in UK universities. The applicants should be commencing master’s program at the participating university in UK in September or October each year.
The scholarships are offered by the CSC in partnership with UK universities. The scholarships are targeted for students from developing countries who would not otherwise be able to afford to undertake Master’s level study in the UK, to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, which will allow them to contribute to the development of their home countries.
Its fully funded – stipends up to £1,516 per month.
Levels and Area of Studies
Shared Scholarships are for taught Masters’ courses only. The eligible subjects should be connected to the development of candidates’ home country.
Place of Study
The study can be taken at any participating UK’ s universities.
Eligibility and Criteria
The main requirements of this scholarship as follow:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October
- By October of the scholarship award, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
- Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
All applications must be made through your host UK university. You must check with them in the first instance for specific advice on how to make an application and for their own closing date.
Please visit the application link below to learn further of the application procedure.
Generally by December of the award year, but varies with institutions.
Contact Details: All enquiries about Commonwealth Shared Scholarships should be directed to the university to which you wish to apply.