The University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship for Doctoral Research is now open for applications to Foreign Students enrolling for Doctoral programmes through the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) at the University of Tokyo. Awarded fellows receive stipends of up to JPY 200,000/month for a maximum period of three years.
The University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship for Doctoral Research is financial support to international students who are enrolling in doctoral courses at The University of Tokyo. This fellowship must be applied at the same time as submitting an application of entrance examination for the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS).
The GSFS screening result of the fellowship will be notified to applicants along with the result of the entrance examination. Nominees selected by GSFS will undergo a final screening by the Division of Global Campus Initiatives, then will be awarded the fellowship. The final and official screening result will be notified in the month of the enrollment. Please note that you have a high probability to be awarded the fellowship once you are nominated to the Division of Global Campus Initiatives from GSFS.
Awardees of the Todai Fellowship for Doctoral Research receives:
- Stipends up to JPY 200,000/month
(Fellowship recipients must not submit any application for tuition exemption.)
- For three years.
Level and Areas of Study
Doctoral Research in the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences.
Place of Study
The University of Tokyo, Japan.
Eligibility for the Doctoral Research fellowship applies only to:
- Those who are applying for admission to a doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences.
- Those who hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a “College Student”.
- Those who are not applying and/or planning to apply for fellowships or scholarships provided by private organizations.
How To Apply: All eligible foreign applicants for the University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship should apply online through the GSFS/U Tokyo accompanied with all the required documents.
Required forms for application
- Application Form for Todai Fellowship
- Recommendation letter from your former supervisor
(preferably from your master program supervisor)
- Research Plan
- List of past achievements
- Transcript of graduate school and undergraduate school
- Copy of presented papers