The University of Bonn SDG Fellowship Program invites scholars preferably from Africa, Latin America, and South/East Asia for research on Sustainable Development Goals-related topics (for periods of 3–12 months). The fellows will be provided with scholarships, travel allowance, research allowance including support for accompanying family members. Applications from interested candidates are accepted until April.
The University of Bonn currently has a large number of collaborations with universities and research institutes in Africa, Asia and Latin America. As shown by the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) index, implementing the Sustainable Development Goals poses considerable challenges for many countries in these regions.
Through this fellowship program, tenured faculty (in the rank of professor) at the University of Bonn can invite international postdoctoral fellows for a joint research project on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The goal is to support talented researchers and build and strengthen networks through them.
See Also: United Nations Graduate Study Programme in Switzerland
The funding can cover the following:
- travel allowance (depending on country of origin).
- scholarship of €3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: up to €300 for a spouse and €250 per child).
- research expense allowance of up to €500 per month.
Level and Areas of Study
The opportunity is for PhD scholars working on a topic that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
Place of Study
The fellowship program will be held at the University of Bonn in Germany.
To be eligible for the University of Bonn SDG Fellowship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Post-doctoral researchers (with foreign citizenship) invited by a professor of the University of Bonn for a joint research project.
- The fellow should have a long-term affiliation (research or teach) at a university or research institute in the aforementioned regions beyond her/his fellowship and demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
Check Also: UN Haman Rights Fellowship Programme for Africans (Fully Funded)
The application must be submitted by a full-time professor at the University of Bonn together with the fellow along with the following documents:
- Online form
- Fellow’s CV (PDF)
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project work; please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience
- Reasons for the fellow’s invitation and a description of his/her activities that will contribute to research and teaching at the University of Bonn
- An overview of the collaboration between the applicant and the fellow so far
- An outline of the integration of the fellow into the host institute (work place, participation in teaching and research activities)
- An outline of follow-on value: (a) plan for the outcome of the stay, (b) plan for growing future collaboration.
- A financing plan (please use the following Excel file, download here)
Submission Deadline: May 3.