Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Tongarewa Scholarship for International Students at Victoria University of Wellington. The awardees are to be given scholarships worth between NZ$5,000 and NZ$10,000 for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees study. Interested applicants should key in before the deadline.
The Tongarewa Scholarships celebrate the University’s commitment to our international student community. A range of these scholarships are awarded to international students yearly. This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will go towards tuition fees for one year of study. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington. Scholarships are awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence.
- Up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 for Bachelors and Masters degrees and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 for Masters degrees only.
- Recipients of the Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in the Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by the required deadline.
Level and Areas of Study
Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme in any discipline.
Place of Study
The Program is at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
To be eligible for Tongarewa Scholarship for International Students at Victoria University of Wellington, applicants must be:
- international students who are paying full international fees
- entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
- recipient of an offer of admission place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
To apply, you must submit a completed online application before the deadline. Applications will normally open 1 month before the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The following documentation must be provided as part of your online scholarship application:
- a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals, and why you merit the scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community
- full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type
- an offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
Submission Deadline: The scholarship application deadlines are 1 June (Trimester 2), 1 September (Trimester 3), and 30 November (Trimester 1).