The UN Global Compact invites applications from young innovators for the SDG Innovation Accelerator for Young Professionals. These future leaders will work on a challenge specific to their company with the goal of designing more sustainable business models, initiatives and products that will advance the company’s sustainability efforts while driving innovation and delivering tangible solutions with potential market value.
The SDG Innovation Accelerator for Young Professionals is an opportunity for participating companies of the UN Global Compact to empower young talent within their organizations to collaborate and accelerate business innovation towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This nine-month programme activates future business leaders and changemakers to develop and drive innovative solutions through new technologies, initiatives, and business models and deliver on their company’s sustainability objectives. The programme connects entry- to mid-level managers – aged 35 and younger – across diverse business units to generate bold yet viable solutions that can have a positive impact on the company and the SDGs.
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities that include online and in-person workshops, case studies, company visits and forum discussion.
- Connect with other businesses and collaborate on innovative projects relative to your company and industry.
- Build work relationships through coaching, mentoring and peer-to-peer networking opportunities.
- Learn from some of the brightest minds working on sustainability and innovation from around the world.
- Be part of a global network of leading young professionals from some of the top companies across every continent
As Companies you will:
- Apply SDG innovation to solve real sustainability challenges your company is facing.
- Integrate the SDGs into your company’s business strategy through collaboration, innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Increase your employee engagement and professional development opportunities.
- Tap into an expert network of leading professionals from some of the top companies across the globe.
- Gain global recognition for participation in the programme
See Also: Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship
Programme Experience | SDG Innovation Accelerator for Young Professionals
Over the course of nine months, each team of young innovators will work on a challenge specific to their company with the goal of designing more sustainable business models, initiatives and products that will advance the company’s sustainability efforts while driving innovation and delivering tangible solutions with potential market value.
The Accelerator takes participants through a design thinking approach to innovation by focusing on the SDGs. Participants run through each of the below five phases of the programme, equipped with resources, tools and methodologies that will guide them through the process of identifying a challenge, designing and testing solutions, and validating these solutions for business value and SDG impact.
PHASE 1: SDG Exploration
PHASE 2: Challenge Identification
PHASE 3: Challenge Definition
PHASE 4: Solutions Development
PHASE 5: Solutions Testing and Validation
Applicants eligible for the SDG Innovation Accelerator for Young Professionals must be:
- Young professionals working at companies participating in the UN Global Compact.
- High-performing employees at a participating company of the UN Global Compact 35 years or younger interested in business model innovation, sustainability and disruptive technologies.
- Based in the following countries to have the opportunity to collaborate with their Global Compact Local Networks to participate in the programme – Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Ecuador, Georgia, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, Mexico, Norway, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Switzerland & Liechtenstein, Turkiye, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.
Call for Nominations: October 2023 – 12 January, 2024
Programme Begins: Late January 2024
Programme Ends: September 2024
SDG Innovation Summit: September 2024
Participating companies of the above Global Compact Local Networks may apply via the application link given.
Also, Young professionals working for companies that are a participant in the UN Global Compact can now form a team of up to four people and nominate themselves for the Accelerator via the self-nomination link on the official application site.